Thursday, March 17, 2011

Valentines Day

I know I know, Valentines day was a month ago. Moving and pregnancy have taken their toll and this blog is the first thing that's gotta give. But here are some fun things we did for valentines day. Most of it could be used any ol' time just don't make it valentines stuff.



Starting from the 1st until valentines day we had little mail boxes. I had May color some little cards to put in her dads. I put princess valentines, suckers, and a few dollar store toys in hers. She loved it-she was so excited to open her mail box every morning and she felt so special putting stuff in her dads. It was fun. We made some heart flowers. I let May choose a paper from my scrap book pile. Then I cut out about 10 hearts from it and punched a hole in the middle of them. She put them on the straw. Bendy straws work the best because it stops the hearts from sliding all the way down. Then she did the vase. I measured the paper before and then she taped it onto a juice can. This picture does not do the random tape strips everywhere justice. I think she had more fun taping than doing anything else. Then she decorated it with stickers.

I found this cute valentine heart sorting mat here at prekinders.com. May sorted out the hearts in colors. We got some of them counted...but most ended up in her tummy before the counting began so there ya go. I've seen a mat like this that was just different color O shapes to be used for fruit loops but I haven't really looked for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment